Monday 4 January 2021

Konami '051550' reproduction final revision

Just a quick update about the reproduction of the Konami '051550' custom IC I made time ago :

Konami '051550' reproduction

The replacement is working fine but, when I did it, I intentionally omitted a part of original circuit that handles the coin counters/lockouts and gave priority to the main functions of this custom IC,  namely generating the master reset and acting as watchdog timer.Lately I decided to complete the reproduction by implementing what was missed from the original part so here we are!

This is the final revision of my Konami '051550 reproduction, no further ones will come because this is now a perfect 1:1 replica of the original custom IC.Outwardly not much has changed :


But you will now be able to properly use coin counters/lockouts in your arcade cabinets.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment