Monday 29 June 2020

Toaplan 'GXL-01' reproduction

My reproduction work continues with a new chapter.This time I took into account the custom IC used on some Toaplan/Taito PCBs.Silkscreening under it says 'GXL-01' :


But you can find it with different labels.On Wardner/Pyros it's 'WT1' :


'T.T.1' on Twin Cobra/Kyuukyoku Tiger :


'L-01' on Sky Shark/Hi Sho Zame :


The IC is a DIP42 .600 mil package and it accomplishes graphical functions generating the backgrounds.First of all I identified the pinout and external connections with the board.Then I thought about different designs of the equivalent circuit also studying how same functions were achieved in previous hardware.Lastly I came to a replacement board with same dimensions of original IC :


The "smoke test" was successful, the replacement worked on all boards I could try.

On Wardner/Pyros :


On Twin Cobra/Kyuukyoku Tiger :


No comments:

Post a Comment