Monday 8 June 2020

Namco '07XX' reproduction

Here's another reproduction of a custom IC I made recently.The part in question is used on Namco PCBs and comes in a DIP28 600 mil package with stamped number of  '07XX' (but the 3rd and 4th digits can vary because they actually refers to the lot/date production hence the first two digits really matters) 



Technically speaking it's a clock divider, specifically it that generates the horizontal and vertical video timing signals divided from the master clock.I made my own implementation with simple thru-hole TTL gates :



I succesfully tested my design on a Galaga PCB :



This open the way to a future implementation of this custom IC onto a CPLD or FPGA (already done by someone else though).

1 comment:

  1. I think I am in the market to purchase some of these repro customs!

    ReplyDelete