Tuesday 1 October 2019

Seibu 'SEI0060BU' reproduction

The 'SEI0060BU' is one of the many custom ICs you can find on Seibu/TAD Corporation arcade PCBs (Toki and Cabal to name few).It comes in a 600mil 42 pin SDIP package :

It accomplishes graphical functions and it's used in tiles/sprites circuits.Recently I had the chance to get an original faulty Cabal PCB where this custom IC was replaced by a daughter-board :


This daughter-board was actually a full TTL implementation of two 'SEI0060BU' hence for my reproduction I had to figure out the circuit for a single custom IC.Schematics were done after some time and PCB layout sent to manufacter.By using TSSOP devices (the smallest package I could find) the reproduction was slightly bigger than orignal part :


I could succesfully test the replacement in my working Cabal and Toki PCBs :



No comments:

Post a Comment