Monday 14 October 2019

Seibu 'SEI0010BU' reproduction

Another rerproduction of a custom IC used on Seibu/Tad Corporation hardware like the past 'SEI0060BU'.This time I took care of the 'SEI0010BU' which comes in a 600mil 42 pin SDIP package like the other Seibu gate arrays used for graphics  :


As always I studied how the functions of this custom IC were reversed on bootleg boards.In this way I figured out that the 'SEI0010BU' is basically a big shift register hence it could be reproduced with almost same design of other custom ICs with similar functions I already reproduced (like the Capcom '86S100' for example).In this case the design was not really complex hence the resulting board layout was of same dimensions of original part :


I could successfully test the replacement in a Cabal and Toki PCBs :




Another custom IC preserved, long live to arcade!

No comments:

Post a Comment